Thursday, April 25, 2013

[Discontinued] Papercraft Project: Apple, Inc.

General Purpose:
I make this project to do one of my hobbies, papercraft.

Description:

  • The reasons I choose Apple products and important people are:

    1. Apple products are revolutionary, e.g: iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple II, Mac, etc.
    2. I admire Steve Jobs as a great man.

  • It'll be a memorial for 2 years Steve Jobs death, too.


Tools:
-Cutter
-Glue
-Double Tape
-Scissors
-Adobe Photoshop
-Adobe Illustrator
-Blender 3D
-Proteus

Materials:
-Art paper 120 gsm
-Art paper 150 gsm
-Arcrylic
-Plastic/Aluminium

Concept:
-Final Concept:
All of the Apple products will be placed around the important people models(Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Jonathan Ive). Steve Wozniak represents the past of Apple history, because he's co-founder of Apple, and Jonathan Ive represents the present and future of Apple, you know, one of product that marked out Apple resurrection is iMac G3. This product was designed by Jonathan Ive, and Steve Jobs loved it. After that he is the man who responsible for Apple next product designs. In this project, all of Apple elements will be on one place, the apple store designs, apple product designs, steve jobs presentations, etc.

-Stage/Background Concept:
Sketch of Stage #1
Concept A:
I get the inspirations for this concept from the glass stairs design in some Apple Stores and the decoration in Apple Store Bellevue. The outer edge of this box is rounded rectangle, just like iPhone and iPad. I also wanna put some LEDs to illuminate the box, I'll put it behind the Apple, both sides of the box and upper side of the box. It needs 4 AAA Battery(6 V) as its power source.
Glass Stairs in Apple Store Barcelona
Apple Logo Sign in Apple Store Barcelona
Apple Store Bellevue Decoration

Apple Store Bellevue Decoration


Concept B & C:
The inspiration of this concepts is the design of new Apple office.
Apple New Office Design
Concept D:
The inspiration of this concept is the layout of the doll in hinamatsuri, from Japanese culture. Japan and Steve Jobs has their own story. Do you know the history of Steve's turtleneck t-shirt? When Steve came to Japan to visit Sony headquarter, he saw that Sony employees use the uniform, then he wanted the same culture to be applied in Apple, but Apple employees didn't like it, so he wanted the uniform just for himself which is made by Issey Miyake, Japanese designer. Why do I choose hinamatsuri? First, it is represents Japanese culture, remember Steve loved some Japanese culture. Second, the doll and my papercraft models look similar, so I think my papercraft models can also be placed like the doll in hinamatsuri.
Hinamatsuri Dolls
Second Concept:
Sketch of Stage #2
I get the inspiration of this stage concept from the stage at Steve Jobs Keynote.
Steve Jobs Keynote at WWDC 2008

Steve Jobs Keynote at Macworld 2007










Progress:
-Almost all the papercraft models are assembled, but I wanna add some more models, because I think Apple, Inc. is not just about Steve Jobs. There are also important people like Steve Wozniak, Johnny Ive, Mike Markkula, etc.
Steve Jobs

All of My Papercraft Collection
Apple I,  AppleII, Macintosh, iMac G3,
iMac G4, Mac Pro, MacBook Air, iMac Intel

Apple Softwares

iPhone 3G, 4, 5

The Apple Computers and iPods

iPod Classic, Mini, Video, Shuffle and Nano

iPad 2, iPad 1



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer:
  1. Not all the papercraft templates I designed it by myself, I just downloaded them from other sites, but there're some templates that I designed by myself.
  2. It's for personal use only, so Apple you can't sue me.(:p)

2 comments:

  1. so "luthfish" hahaha. keep working dude, i'll lend you a hand hihi :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm.."luthfish"..what does it mean?
    Thanks pal, I need you and your sister's help :)

    ReplyDelete