Monday, May 13, 2013

[FInished] : Simple Scoring Board

General description:

Simple Scoring Board is my project for Digital System Theory class, last semester. I didn't do it alone, but I did it with my friend. Basically, it's a counter circuit. It can show you the scores for both teams which doing the game, from 00-99, it uses 4 seven segments, 2 seven segments for each team. Also it uses up counter IC CD4026BE, 3 switch buttons, 1 ON/OFF switch, 1 LED as indicator, 9V battery and anti-bouncing circuit. Here is how it looks like:
The final simple scoring boad

Tools:
-Soldering tools
-wires


Materials and components:
-Red 7 segment common cathode
-LED
-4 pin switch button
-Resistor 1K ohm and 4K7 ohm
-Capacitor 100nF
-9V battery
-Diode 1N4002
-IC CD4026BE


This is the original schematic of simple scoring board:
schematic of simple scoring board

Then, I put anti-bouncing circuit on the up counter switch button, because the number that shows on seven segment didn't came up in line.
The anti-bouncing circuit
This is the logic diagram image and the pin configuration from CD4026BE datasheet:
CD4026BE logic diagram
CD4026BE pin configuration


This is how it works:
As you can see from the logic diagram image, CD4026BE clock pin is active high, it means the IC will start counting whenever the clock pin in HIGH/1 logic condition, to prevent the IC for counting I must connect it to ground, so the clock pin will be in LOW/0 logic condition. To show the number that counted by the IC, I connected the seven segment output pin(6,7,9,10,11,12 and 13) to seven segment. Dont forget to conncet pin 3(display enable) to Vcc(power source). To reset the counter, I connect pin 15(reset pin) to ground, that is why I put pull down resistor on reset switch button.

The simulation on breadboard:

You can also see this project in my works at behance.net

No comments:

Post a Comment